Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Vintage Edwardian Stockings"

I wonder about pinterest sometimes. It seems super cool, certainly, but then I find something wonderful (on this pinterest board) and cannot discover anything more about it. For example, I am in love with these stockings. I wish I could see a picture of the rest of them, I wish I knew who owned them or why they are sure they are Edwardian, and I also wish I owned them. I don't do much embroidery, and I even so I'm not sure I could afford to do this much embroidery that won't likely be seen. But oh, they are lovely. And here are some printed examples of fascinating stockings to go with them. Wonderful.
"Vintage Edwardian Stockings"
"French Printed Cotton Stockings, 1870"
"French Printed Cotton Stockings, 1873"
"French Silk Stockings, 1865"

No comments:

Post a Comment