Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ooh, What a hat!

I couldn't find this picture anywhere without a watermark - sorry. But this hat is just too incredible to not post. Her name is Victoria May Louise (the woman, not the hat), and she was the Duchess of Kent. She also, it would seem, had FANTASTIC taste in haberdashery! Actually, it is a bit difficult to identify her, because I'm pretty sure the internet has several different names for her (Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, Mary Louise Victoria, Victoria Mary Louisa). In the final analysis, I'm fairly confident that this is Queen Victoria's mother. I don't really know why she has so many names. Regardless, I don't really care about her as much as I care about the hat. What a stunning hat! All big and curvy-brimmed. And with those incredible feathers! I need feathers.
Oh, and she was painted by George Henry Harlow, if that matters to you. All that matters to me is THAT FANTASTIC HAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment