Sunday, March 7, 2010

Princess Elvira

Princess Elvira of Bavaria was born in 1868 and died in 1943, so I am not precisely sure what the date on this jacket would be, but I am rather in love with it. The painting is "Prinzessin Elvira von Bayern mit Freundin" by Karl Gampenrieder.
Now, here are some actual pictures of her. Neither of those girls look particularly like her, I think, so I don't know whether I can trust it as an accurate source for the jacket. But I do love it. The hair is kind of stupid, though.




Some of those are a bit odd, like the picture posing in vaguely 18th century clothing. There is something weird going on in the penultimate picture - bobbles on the bodice? Cool. The last one looks much later and she must be older, but I rather like it so I included it. I love the beaded features over the hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment